Sunday, February 13, 2011

Accountability

I have decided that I am actually going to do it. It’s a daunting task, but it has to be done. And, I believe, I will feel so much better for having done it.

Losing weight, that is.

I keep starting to try and then this stupid stomach issue rears its ugly head, leading to a week or two of me just trying to function and keep everything going. This of course, brings about lots of stress causing my body to keep as much stored up as possible leaving me sitting right where I was at the beginning. And thus, I have to start all over again.

So that is what I am doing – starting all over again.

But this time, I’m telling everyone. Nag me please – send me emails, texts, call me and ask: have you been good today?

The past three days I have exercised okay (20mins) – my goal for this week is 30 minutes a day and drinking an 8oz glass of water at every meal, and 32oz on top of that. And starting to cut back on both coffee and milk.

I can already hear the drum beats of a death march in the back of my head. NOOOOOO! Not my milk and coffee!!!!!!!!

But I comfort myself in that it will only be for a little while, then I can go back a little bit once I attain my goals. But I already gave up caffeine and soda, and I don’t really feel their lack in my life – so who knows? Then again, I’ve never been a big fan of drinking water . . .

But this is about accountability. And I have to be honest.

So, my first goal is to get back to my high school graduation weight: that’s 20 pounds to lose. And I am going to succeed!

1 comment: