Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feel the Burn!

DAY 2

Ouch . . .

So I worked out pretty good this evening – I moved onto a new segment in the workout videos that I have, and let me tell ya: I am sooooo feeling it already!

I’m unsure if I will be capable of walking or moving my arms in the morning . . . Oh well, I’ll flop out of bed.

But on a more positive note, I managed to drink water with both lunch and dinner (running a little late this morning so none with breakfast) and drank my entire 32oz bottle of water: Hooray for me! I backslid slightly on my coffee consumption, but still kept my milk drinking under control. And I am learning once again that salad is my friend.

Have I ever mentioned that I don’t like celery? I mean, come on, who really likes celery? But I forced myself to eat some today. I did one of those peanut butter on celery things and I tried a stick with some ranch dressing just to see which I preferred. If you concentrate really hard on the taste other than celery, you almost – almost – can trick yourself into believing its not really celery.

I guess Hops may be getting to try a new green tomorrow.

Fun story of the week –

I’ve been having problems with my heater ever since I came back from California. The heater would work properly for awhile, and then randomly shut itself off only to not kick back on again at the appointed temperature (made for some very chilly mornings!), causing me to have to do any number of things to get it to turn back on. It eventually got progressively worse and so I called maintenance to come take a look. They did, and fiddled with some things, telling me that if what they did didn’t work to call them back out there. It seemed to work – for all of 8 hours. Unfortunately I worked all day the next couple of days and this past weekend so I did not have time for them to come out and try again. I called Monday morning though and they came out Monday afternoon and just replaced the wall unit. That seemed to work very well – until sometime in the middle of the night when the heater decided that it liked being on thank-you-very-much and was not going to turn off even though it was 86 degrees in my apartment at 5 o’clock in the morning! It would not even turn off when I kicked it over to AC!!!!! But that was this morning – I tried to give the thing the benefit of the doubt, but alas! It was not to be. When I got home at lunch, my apartment had cooled down (all to a nice, balmy 80 degrees) and once again when I just turned the unit to ‘off’ it just kept pumping out hot air – so I called maintenance again to have them come over. Unfortunately, they ended up calling me back to let me know that they were in the middle of a rather time consuming job and would not be able to get to my apartment before I left for work again. So I could either postpone until tomorrow, or have them come while I was not there.
Have I mentioned that technically speaking I have too many animals in my apartment? I thought so.
But I went ahead and gave the okay. Because there is no way I could have done anything in my apartment this evening the way it was. And I came home to work with my apartment at a bracing 66 degrees! Oh well – at least the heater turned off!

No comments:

Post a Comment