Saturday, April 30, 2016

5Ks, Depression, and Self-care

So I did my first 5k today. I didn't run very much of it, but I was going more for keeping a steady pace for my mile splits than I was going for speed. With that I did pretty well. My goal was to finish in 46 minutes - did it in 45! Average of 15minutes per split, which was pretty excited for a tortoise like me :) My fastest ever mile time was 12:50 and I was in much better shape then than I am now.

My body is capable of amazing things.

I'm going to try something new. As someone who has depression, I too often neglect myself and my self-care. I need to start taking charge of my mental health, so I am going to start keeping track here of what I've done for myself today as a part of my self-care routines. What is self-care you ask? Well, here's an idea: 
and:
And for anyone wanting more information about depression:

So today's self-care looked like writing in my blog about depression and self-care. 

#selfcare 
#depression
#carechronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment