Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Depression Monster

It really is like a monster.
Creeps out of secret places in your head.

I've been having a difficult time with it lately. And I'm having issues getting it under control. I know that stress is the main culprit, driving it into the forefront. But I also haven't been taking very good care of myself lately. I'm so worried about finances that I'm stressing about every penny. I know that I shouldn't be so worried all the time. It keeps me from sleeping well, it keeps me from enjoying life. When I'm not stressing about money, I'm feeling like a failure because the house is a mess. I yell at the dog, the cats, and cry to my husband most days. I miss having time to read, to color, to paint, to do yoga, to just relax. But I feel like I'm being pulled in a hundred different directions because I can't seem to focus on one thing. If I accomplish something, I feel like it doesn't matter because I still have 5,000 things left to do.

I hate feeling like this. I just want to relax.
But the monster isn't letting me.
When I think I've got him down, he creeps back in again.

#welcometodepression
#depressionchronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment